I don’t know what you think about this, but whenever I think of best GBA emulator available online, the first thought which crosses my mind is mGBA. But eventually, there are better options available when you are going to try a GBA emulator for the very first time.
In this article, we have arranged both; paid and free GBA emulators which are going to suit you perfectly if you are trying to use the GBA platform for the very first time. Most of them are available for both, PC and Android. And some of them are only available for download on PC. So it is up to you to decide which one to try out of them.
But before we start, you might wanna know the story behind GBA Emulators.
What Are GBA Emulators?
Things have changed since the first GameBoy Advanced consoles were released. There are a quite lot of better platforms available for players who want to play GBA games on emulators. But, those who don’t want to miss out the classic look and features those GBA games had, GBA Emulators are for them.
If you really think that the modern consoles cannot satisfy your need and attraction towards any game, then GBA Emulators are the pieces of cakes which you might wanna try. Because according to me they are the best out there and I am pretty sure that you will say the same. And if you’re a fan of nintendo games then we’ve got a very good collection of the best nintendo 3DS Emulator For Android.
Benefits Of Using a GBA Emulator?
As I have already mentioned, they are better than the modern context GBA Emulators which are available to play instantly. They are little old fashioned, but not to be missed by any GBA game enthusiast.
The benefits of using GBA Emulators:
- You can experience and play the old GameBoy Advanced games on modern portable devices.
- GBA Emulators lets you use the GBA games in the same manner like back in old times.
- Some of the GBA Emulators even allow their controllers to use joysticks to handle them.
- Also, you can use cheats to enhance your game play as like ever.
Aren’t these cool? I am limiting the feature part here. Below follows a list of 5 best GBA emulators which you for sure do not want to miss.
Well, RetroArch GBA emulator is something which is one of its kind. RetroArch not only allows you to play gameboy advanced games in an old and pompous manner but it also has some mind-boggling features which you may not want to miss out.
RetroArch was first released back in the month of January 2014. Actually it was a developed version of the SSNES which was providing programming assistance to developers, but later on RetroArch alone focused on game emulation. Yet, it stands out to be one of the GBA emulators out there!
- After you upload the games into the emulators, they will be scanned and sorted out section by section.
- Supported platforms are WINDOWS, MAC OS, Android, and linux.
- Joypad supported, plugin support available.
- RetroArch System is highly configurable.
- You can also record and stream the gameplays on platforms like Twitch and Youtube.
MyBoy! Is the 2nd one in the list which has managed so far to provide its users unlimited fun along the way. Besides RetroArch, MyBoy is the first GBA Emulator for android which I will definitely pick out of 100s.
Because of its awesomeness. It has many cool features to offer which you can’t even imagine. Like? You can use cheats in MyBoy Emulator. If you are looking for Best GBA Emulator for Android, then you should try out MyBoy Emulator for a seamless experience than ever. I can truly bet on the emulator’s functionality as I have been personally using MyBoy Emulator for a while.
So don’t wait and scroll below to see its other features.
- Supports cheats.
- Is available for Android version 2.0 .
- Has On-screen keyboard feature enabled.
- Well functionable than any other android gba emulator.
- Is fast, doesn’t lags and saves as much as battery it can.
- Comes with a free price tag and frequently updated.
DeiMos GBA Emulator
Looking to run games which use a lot of system resources and are quite heavy to run on your device? Do not worry, DeiMos GBA Emulator got you covered. As far as I have tested it, it is very fast, super lightweight and does not lag at all while playing GBA games.
Why choose this emulator?
Well, DeiMos GBA Emulator is not for those who want the game to be high quality, of aggressive quality or similar to those. This is only for those who want to play simple GBA Games without having any technical issues, lag or speed issues.
Note: This GameBoy Advanced emulator is not for them who are way through into the world of emulators. It is quite basic and gets the job done.
- The Apk is available for android and totally for free.
- You can customize controls form the instance you install it.
- Plugin support available. You can add any physical controller like joystick or keyboard to operate the emulator.
One bad thing about this application is, although it is free, but its publishers keep posting irresistible ads in it. So when you are playing a game through the emulator, they may annoy you.
John GBA Lite
This is one of the best GBA emulator which is available for desktops all over the market. It is a leading emulator which provides value to its users. The application is well known for assisting its users about how to utilize the emulator properly.
Once you start using John GBA Lite, you are going to notice the great functionality and features the emulator packs under its hood. Slowly, you will start liking this emulator as you get acquainted with the features. After all, the emulator is well known for this part mostly.
Basically, by using John GBA Light, you can play the GBA games on platforms like MAC OS, Android, and Windows. Well every GBA Emulator promises that to us. But what else makes it the top out of the rest?
There are a lot of features offered by John GBA lite which you are going to like the most. Here are some of them:
- Virtual keyboard available for players.
- If you are a game developer, by using John GBA lite you can test your games on GBA platform.
- The app provides a drop down menu of different options available for the users.
- You can also add GBA games from your phone’s memory card to the emulator. Simply, if you want to add any new game, then download the file, save it in your memory, then upload to John lite. It is super easy.
- There is a screenshot option available for users to take snaps of game activity.
- Although, John GBA lite’s customer support is too good. They have implemented a nice ‘HELP’ button to ensure that no player faces any problem.
Also Check Best iOS Emulators For PC and Android
Bat GBA Emulator
Another emulator just as the DeiMos GBA Emulator. Yes, this is similar to DeiMos, but it offers a slightly different set of features. Bat GBA Emulator looks similar to the DeiMos GBA Emulator. However, both are different in terms of functionality and features offered by them.
If you are looking for a simple GBA emulator for yourself, then it is recommended to choose one between the DeiMos and Bat GBA emulators. Because they are the slightly similar to each other in every aspect. Their features, functionality are slightly similar.
However, here are the features which come with the Bat GBA Emulator. Make sure to check them and choose what is best for you.
- Every kind of GBA game is supported with the emulator.
- You can download and upload any kind of un-official GBA games into Bat GBA Emulator if you wish to. Simply, if you are a developer, this is the boon which you should not miss.
- No specific pc or android requirement is need for this emulator.
- Takes less space than ever.
- Very much suitable for newbies who want to try out GBA games for first time.
With this we come to an end to the list of 5 best GBA emulator which are available online. They can be best utilized for playing GBA games online with the help of Android, Windows, Mac, and other devices. Please note that the emulators specified above work on different kind of platforms. Not all of them will work on a single platform. If you don’t own Xbox One and wants to play and use the features of Xbox, then you can use Xbox one Emulator For Windows PC.
So, let us know if you liked this article. Share the article and let me know if you are running into troubles while choosing a GBA emulator. Just feel free to drop your query in the comments section below and I will try to solve your query as soon as possible.